Blister Packaging Machine enquiry from Singapore
Recently I have a customer looking for a Blister Packaging Machine. Following is the requirement from our customer.
1. The customizable Blister Packaging Machine (Blister Machine) shall be able to form, seal, and cut blister packages accurately and precisely for the packaging of solid or liquid materials/reagents details as given below).
2. The Blister Machine shall be able to perform both thermoforming and cold forming.
3. The Blister Machine shall be able to perform a 3-in-1 (forming, sealing, and cutting) manufacturing process via an on-board user interface.
4. The Blister Machine shall be compatible with the following common forming materials:
a) Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
b) Polyvinylidene chloride (PVDC)
c) PVC/PVDC 40 gsm
d) PVC-chlorotrifluoroethylene (PVC-CTFE)
f) Polypropylene (PP)
g) AMPARIS 190 - 300
h) Aclar (Suprex 900)
i) Aclar (Ultrex 2000)
j) Polystyrene (PS)
k) Biaxially oriented polyamide (OPA)/aluminium (ALU)/PVC
5. The Blister Machine shall be compatible with the following common sealing/lidding materials:
a) Hard aluminium
b) Soft aluminium
6. Maximum format area of 180 mm x 120 mm.
7. Requirements for lidding components:
a) Print primer and inks shall be able to withstand sealing temperatures of at least 300буC without discoloration and/or tackiness
b) Compatible lidding material shall guarantee water vapor and oxygen transmission rate that is at least as low as that of the forming materials (as close to 0% transmission if possible)
c) Appropriate for push-through packaging (optional: peel-off)
d) Heat-sealing coat shall be compatible with the forming material
e) Must ensure constant, continuous, and uniform sealing for any given sealing parameter
f) Sealing strength shall be suitable for push-through opening (optional: peeloff)
g) Optional: Coding facility for code embossing of lidding material
8. The mould/forming plate design should be customizable.
9. a) The minimum forming depth (for both thermoforming and cold forming) should be at least 2 to 3 mm.
b) The maximum forming depth (for both thermoforming and cold forming) should be 9 to 12 mm.
10. The forming width and length shall have an accuracy and precision of at most 5%, according to the mould/forming plate design.
11. Temperature: 0буC to a maximum of 200/250буC
a) Settable temperature step of at least 1буC
b) In thermoforming and sealing operations, the machine should be able to heat the core of the tooling to a maximum of 200/250буC
c) Accuracy and precision of actual temperature at most +5%
a) Minimum of 0.1 to 0.2 MPa
b) Maximum of at least 0.6 MPa
13. Timer: 0 to 99.9 sec (settable time step of 0.1 sec).
14. Operating speed: 180 to 200 cycles per hour for any single operation.
15. The machine should complete a form/seal cycle in no longer than 10 seconds when purging is not required.
16. Tooling changeover: 20 minutes (including for reaching desired temperature).
17. Tooling warmup: 15 minutes.
18. The Blister Machine must produce finished blisters cut to specified size using bespoke tooling.
19. The Blister Machine must have the option to produce sealed blisters purged of oxygen using bespoke tooling.
20. The Blister Machine shall be designed for easy cleaning, line clearance and maintenance as well as good accessibility and easy overview during operation.
21. Where practical, guard/doors shall be made of transparent material and shall be resistant from cleaning with a mild soap solution.
22. It must be easy for an operator, and without the risk of injury, to add/remove material, semi-finished and finished blisters, from the machine.
23. All surfaces shall be smooth and free of any sharps corners or edges.
24. The design of the machine should minimize the risk of products becoming concealed in corners or openings of the machine.
25. All external cables and coils etc. shall be shielded and arranged in such a manner that the machine appears compact and easy to clean.
26. All pneumatic fittings shall be of a push fit type connection. All pipes must be installed to ensure no kinks or other obstructions.
27. The Blister Packaging Machine shall be fitted with a means of ventilating purge gases to outside environment.
28. When using the purge function, the machine shall be able to purge all blister pockets down to 0% oxygen level +2% tolerance.
29. The Blister Packaging Machine shall be no larger than: 550 mm (H) x 652 mm(W) x 715 mm(D). Dimensions from front aspect (excluding workstation).
30. The Blister Packaging Machine should be portable and suitable for positioning on work bench.
31. All safety doors shall be equipped with safety contacts.
32. Doors shall be easy to open and without keys.
33. The Blister Packaging Machine must be equipped with an emergency stop button, which stops the machine immediately and dumps any residual air pressure within the system.
34. The surface temperature of all casework should not exceed 50буC.
35. Any insulation material shall not give off any fibres or dust.
36. The noise level of the machine shall not exceed 75 dB (A).
37. The operator control panel shall consist of minimum 6б▒ Human Machine Interface (HMI) and/or push buttons.
38. It should be possible to perform all jobs in a good working position.
39. The Blister Packaging Machine should function as a standalone unit without the need to connect to other external equipment for operation.
40. Thermoforming tooling shall consist of common upper forming tool and bespoke lower tool.
41. Coldform tooling will be product specific.
42. Seal tooling will consist of common upper seal tool and bespoke lower seal tool.
43. Purge tooling will be product specific and house standard lower seal tool.
44. Cutting Tooling will consist of a common upper cutting tool and bespoke lower tool.
45. No tooling should be required between product changeover.
46. Tooling should be fitted with plug in fittings for air and power connections.
47. Optional: It should be possible to provide seal tooling with coding.
48. In order to keep the total changeover time to a minimum, the machine shall be designed for easy line clearance.
49. There shall be good accessibility and easy overview during line clearance.
50. Manual loading/unloading of materials /semi-finished and finished product via drawer.
51. The Blister Packaging Machine should have a counter to count the number of cycles.
52. The Blister Packaging Machine should have a facility to display machine fault conditions.
53. The Blister Packaging Machine should have a facility to ensure that the tooling is properly located before performing an operation.
54. The following documentation must be available:-
a) I/Q Test plan
b) O/Q Test plan
c) User Manual - In English
d) Constructional and test records
Looking forward for your reply.